Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The JDate Hussy



I am not anti- JDate, or any dating website for that matter. I have many friends and family members who have used these sites with much success in the past. As a matter of fact, if I wasn’t lucky enough to find my future wife when I did, and was not dating anyone at this point – I have no doubt that I’d be on one of those websites faster than you can say “I’m not a stalker, please respond to this message…”

However, I do think that there is a line to be drawn as to how these websites should be used. I have a friend; I’ll call her Daisy, who is a JDate junkie. She goes onto the website daily (aside from the Sabbath, of course), exchanges messages with a few nice Jewish boys, and occasionally goes on dates with these men. So many dates, in fact, that she has at one point gone on two dates back to back, on the same night. Now let me just say, this girl is no tramp. It’s not as though she goes home with all (or even a few) of these guys that she goes out with. She has actually never gone out on second dates with any of them!

This leads to what I think is an interesting question…. What’s the deal?

Here are a few possible answers:



  • She likes the free meals; most money savvy individuals would recommend making more meals at home to save money - I guess they never thought of taking this route. Sure, women all over the globe have long since realized that they can get free drinks at the bars, but to extend this to every day dining... GENIUS!!!


  • She hasn't yet realized that she doesn't actually like Jewish boys; A Jewish man is a different creature; he is one that is often times attached to his mother, fights only as a last resort (and by fighting, I mean curling up in the fetal position, and hoping it ends quickly), and never tips excessively. Although irresistible to non-Jewish girls who are angry at their parents... these men certainly aren't for everyone.


  • She's simply a serial dater; often times the most obvious answer is the right answer. Some women are just picky. And hey - who am I to judge? Dating is fun, it's exciting to meet new people, and it opens up the possibility of meeting someone you truly connect with.


While I’m certainly no expert on the matter, I do have one piece of advice I’d like to impart for my dear friend Daisy… break out the Manischewitz while the night’s young, and who knows…. Maybe you’ll wake up to your Jewish Gem making you some blintzes in bed.


Happy Hunting!

- Jack Asher

1 comment:

  1. Finding a good guy these days is pretty tough - I wish Daisy luck in finding someone...
    If the date bombs atleast she got a free meal and hopefully a good story!

    ReplyDelete