Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Writers block on the first blog... this doesn't bode well

I'm sure you're all thinking right now... "Is Jack really clever enough to start a blog?", or "I thought our friend/son/brother was illiterate", and finally " Why on Earth would Jack want to start a blog?".

To all of this I say: Yes, You're a jerk, And to prove once and for all that the Shy's are not the only creative talent in this family.

The truth is, I've never considered starting a blog until approximately 10 minutes ago when one of my sisters mentioned that she gets a laugh every once in a while out of my emails. Sure, I've thought about other ways of showing the world my God-given talent for making people laugh, but none of them ever seemed as attainable as this blog. There was once a thought of writing short fictional stories - but that takes too much preparation, and would not allow me to spew out my rants at will. Of course, the thought of trying my hand at stand-up comedy crossed my mind on more than one occassion, but those of you who know me no doubt know that I'm much wittier when I have time to write things out than I am in person. Oh, and the idea was also shot down by another one of my sisters. In short, a blog is the perfect venue for me to share my off-color thoughts and remarks.

While it would be presumptuous of me to assume that all of you are actually interested in what I have to say... I am absolutely assuming that you will read this on a regular basis, afterall, I'm only sending the link to immediate family to start out with. So, my future avid readers... let me explain what you can expect from this blog:

1. A lot of random thoughts. This isn't a sports blog, it's not a family blog, it's not even a blog about puppies, even though I do love me some puppies. This is a chance for me to share my random thoughts, which I hope are more funny than they are tragic, with the people I care about... and some other people too.

2. Refer to #1


I hope that you all enjoy the posts to come, and that you give me feedback continually so I can improve as I go.

- Jack Asher

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation on your first Blog posting!!!
    I can't wait to read more...
    You ARE funny and creative no matter what anyone else says, so keep up the good work :)
    Lots of love,
    Paulie

    ReplyDelete