Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's the Final Countdown! Da da da da, da da da da da....

Well, it’s T-Minus 3 days until I’m off to celebrate the end of freedom with my buddies. That’s right. Next weekend, I’ll be with some of my closest friends, in a foreign land, enjoying my bachelor party. But what exactly will I be doing? I have no clue.

I only know that the festivities will be held in Montreal, as well as who will be attending. Let’s go over some of the main players in the guest list… hopefully it will provide a bit of insight to what lies ahead.

Best Man: He was a clear choice for best man, not so much because of the fact that he’s my best friend, but rather because he knows how to throw one hell of a party – something that is clearly important in this kind of choice.





Petey Pancakes, The Boy Wonder: Should need no further introduction.



The Doc: Not only is The Doc a good friend, but he’s also one of the most responsible friends I’ve ever had. This guy is pretty much at the top of his class at a prestigious med school. Wifey is thrilled that he’ll be there because A) he has medical training which may come in handy, and B) he has the capability of drawing the line between fun and stupidity – something that not all of us (see the above name) possess.




Angry McJameson: This guy is just outright scary if you don’t know him, and sometimes even when you do. Angry McJameson is huge (he’s a personal trainer), and has been known to drink Jameson by the barrel. Pretty much, he’s the muscle of the group. Hopefully we won’t be needing him for his brawn during the weekend, but if so, I’m glad he’s on our side.





The Brother (in-law): I know what everyone’s thinking here… Will I be able to enjoy myself with my future brother-in-law hanging out with us for the weekend? Absolutely. I’m actually really excited he’s coming out, because we haven’t had too many opportunities to hang out in a social setting, and he’s all around just a good guy.







Now, from what little bit that I know, this list is incomplete. That’s certainly not for a lack of respect for the other gentlemen that will be attending, but rather because I’m tired of coming up with clever-ish nicknames for them.

The way I see it, this is like a puzzle that has many possible solutions to it. If things go one way, then Petey Pancakes’ may start up with his usual antics and get us all thrown in jail. If they go another way, Angry McJameson may have to throw up the fisticuffs and duke it out. Who knows, maybe it’ll be an awesome combination of the two?

My point is this… with a group as diverse as this, we’re bound to have a memorable time.



- Jack Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment