Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well, this is embarrassing

Maybe there's more in life to being really, really, rediculously good looking







I wasn’t even aware that this story had the potential of being funny until I told my sister about it, and she started laughing at (not with) me. Nope. For me, it was just a bit of Jack Asher being Jack Asher – the cocky SOB that I am.

You all know that I do my best to keep in shape, I’ve made that little bit clear in previous posts. But what I haven’t come clean with is my motivation for doing so. Here it is… I want to be the most in-shape guy at the resort where Wifey and I are going for our honeymoon.

Now hear my out before you start judging me and my narcissism, let me explain myself… I’ve been told time and time again that it’s always good to have goals. And not just any kind of goals, but SMART goals. You know, SMART:

S: Specific
M: Measurable
A: Actionable
R: Realistic
T: Time Bound

Well, this is just one of those goals, and I think it fits the criteria pretty well. Being the fittest guy at the resort is certainly specific. It could be measurable, although I feel like I’d have a tough time making friends if I tried arm-wrestling all the other male guests. It’s certainly actionable. I think it’s realistic, given that I’ve been working at it for a while, and of course it’s time bound – I have until June 1st.

So yes, while this endeavor is most definitely being driven by my own vanity, at least I’m doing it the right way. After all, is my goal less noble than someone who’s made it their New Years resolution to shed a few pounds and become healthier?


Yes, yes it is much less noble.



- Jack Asher

3 comments:

  1. Based on the fact that WE were the most fit people at the Jamaican resort we just returned from... I'm pretty sure you'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But were you at a couples resort specifically. The reason I ask is that wifey and I are going to a couples only resort, where a lot of people will be on honeymoons. It's been my experience that people try to get in shape for their weddings, ipso facto, I may have some serious competition out there.

    p.s. the pictures look like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touche. No, we were not at couples-only resort... though thankfully there wasn't a mass of small children.

    And we did have a great time! Exactly what we needed. More pics to come - Rite Aid finally processed my one hour photos five days later.

    ReplyDelete