Friday, February 12, 2010

The Winter Olympics are here? Wake me up for the summer games.












I’ll be honest with you. The last time I had ANY interest in bobsledding whatsoever, was when the Jamaicans had a bobsled team. “Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it’s bobsled time!!!”.








Really though, I have absolutely no interest in winter Olympics because, well, all of the events are lame.

Figure skating, bobsledding, ice skating, biathlon… who cares? And to make matters worse, these games are interrupting my normal TV programming! Is there no justice!?!

Good idea, Olympic board… create an event that unlike we have ever seen before. An event like a professional hockey tournament, nobody’s ever seen hockey like this before!?! Oh wait, what’s that? You mean people have seen hockey like this before? In the NHL? Oh, right, that Stanley Cup thing.

I know, how ‘bout you do something more edgy, how about a ski jumping event, and we’ll even through in snowboarding so that today’s youth can get into it! BRILLIANT! Wait, wait, wait – what’s all this about the X Games? You mean they all ready have something like this that happens every single year?

Look, I’m as patriotic as they come. I hope that America brings home the gold in every event there is… just don’t expect to watch this crap.





- Jack Asher

2 comments:

  1. I have to say...I like the Olympics...summer and winter, and was super bummed that I dont have cable and was unable to watch them this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give you a play-by-play:

    Some dude's skiing, now he's jumping, now he's twisting and turning... he lands it. Done.

    ReplyDelete