Friday, February 26, 2010

New Coffee Machine

There’s a new coffee machine in our office. Under normal circumstances, I’d just go about my day-to-day life; cursing this job for being awful, drinking the stale coffee, and counting down the years left to retirement (40 left!). But there’s something different about this coffee machine. IT MAKES HOT CHOCOLATE!!! This is no mere machine, not to me it isn’t. It’s more like a dream weaver in disguise as a coffee machine.

Feeling sad? No worries, I’ve got just the thing for you – how ‘bout some gratis hot chocolate?

This gives me a whole new outlook on working for this company. I mean, so what if the work I do every day gives no meaning to me whatsoever, and doesn’t even hint at promoting personal growth? And who needs a match on the ole’ 401K anyway? Now that I’ve got my cup-o-cocoa, I think I might just be a lifer at this here company.

I immediately take back everything I’ve ever said about this job sucking- even that bit about those annoying, middle-aged coworkers of mine. After all, 47 is the new 25, right?


- Jack Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment