Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kevin Costner's here to save the world... WTF?

So, I was online today just doing some snooping around - you know - trying to find stuff to entertain me during my remaining 2 hours here at work, and I come across this story.

Now, as a rule of thumb, I try to avoid anything involving Kevin Costner. This includes but is not limited to: Robin Hood, Tin Cup, The Postman, and Swing Vote. In fact, the only exception that I'll normally make is for Waterworld... it's a classic, can you blame me?

I Digress

So here I was with just another Kevin Costner item that I was happy to bypass when it struck me that this wasn't just KC participating in another terribly acted movie. This was KC trying to do something for this world. So, against my better judgement, I click on it...



This begs the question of, WTF?!?

Is the world really in such bad shape that we need Kevin Effin' Costner creating some kind of Brita filter for the Ocean? I mean at least give me an actor that I can trust with this level of importance.

Kiefer Sutherland comes to mind, as does Chuck Norris - at least these guys are badass enough to handle this situation the right way. You want the oil pipe fixed? Put a snorkel on Chuck Norris and let him do his thang. Problem solved.

Listen, I know that there's environmental issues at hand here. I know that we should all do our part to try to make this world a better, cleaner place. But the day that I let Kevin Costner do the fixin' for me is the day that I give up on humanity.


- A very distraught Jack Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment