Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Shenannigans in Montreal, Eh?





Well, I’ve put a lot of thought into this post - that's actually totally false- I just put it together a minute ago. Regardless, I feel as though it’s necessary to let people know how the bachelor party went last weekend, but at the same time, I don’t want to simply list out detail by detail all that happened during our time in Montreal – that would be boring and lengthy. What I will say, however, is that I have absolutely no regrets about the past weekend, my conscience is as clean as a whistle, and that this past weekend with some of my best friends completely and utterly surpassed my expectations.

My friends are not super-wealthy at this point in their lives, nor would I expect them to be. We’ve all only been out of school for just a couple years, less in some cases. So when I found out that we were heading to Montreal for the weekend, I just kind of assumed that we’d be budgeting-it-up a bit. That assumption was confirmed when the best man sent me a picture of the hotel we’d be staying at; a small hotel in Montreal, quaint, but pretty nice:










And then we got to the hotel that we were really staying at, The InterContinental Hotel in downtown Montreal. This, apparently, would be the theme throughout the weekend.



Every where we went, everything we did - we did it in a big way. When we went to a club, the guys didn’t purchase drinks from the bar, they ordered a VIP table with a bottle of Grey Goose. When we went to the pub for a few beers, we didn’t get pints, we got gallons. When we went out for our meals, we didn’t get burgers, we got filet mignon. And so it went throughout the weekend, over-indulgence was the name of the game. I ate and drank more in one weekend than I have in the past two weeks combined.

Did I need all this? Of course not… honestly just having the opportunity to watch Petey Pancakes ask strippers to marry him and let him take them back to America would have been more than enough entertainment for the weekend. But these guys went above and beyond their duties this weekend.

Thank you to the Best Man, Petey Pancakes-The Boy Wonder, The Doc, Angry McJameson, and The Pharmacist for an incredible time, let’s do it again sometime soon.


Jack Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment