Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dodging Bullets - Part II


It’s an unsettling feeling seeing your HR person coming down your row of cubicles, especially after two co-workers have recently been let go. It was even more unsettling when this happened to me the other day - given my general lack of interest in my position here and daily, barely audible, wishes that this place would burn to the ground.

Now, I know what you’re all thinking… This would really be a blessing in disguise. Finally a chance for me to pursue my lifelong dream of starting my own [Insert awesome idea] company! Not the case though. As much as this job sucks, it’s still a job, and I should be thanking my lucky stars that they haven’t figured out that it was me who’s been telling the customers that our competition is more fairly priced all along.

So this HR lady’s walking down the row, slowly… and it couldn’t be worse for me had she been holding an empty box that says “Jack Asher’s Personal Crap” on the front of it. Then, she stops.


“Just wanted to let all of you guys know that we’re going to be re-doing all of these cubes so you have a little more room, and higher walls”.


Wait… so, I’m not getting fired today, AND you’re giving me more privacy so I can write my blogs during work hours without anyone seeing? Next stop, the corner office!



Another bullet dodged.



- Jack Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment