Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why I deserve to be rich...


Everyone wants to be wealthy. It’s just a given. Not everyone, however, truly deserves to be wealthy. Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure I don’t deserve to be wealthy… a more appropriate title for this post would be “Why I want to be rich”.

Here’s the deal. I’m not the type of guy who can see myself being a multi millionaire at my current age, and just retire to some beach for the rest of my life. While that would be fun for some time, boredom would most definitely set in.

Really, I want to be rich so I can start a business. What kind of business… I have no clue. But there is no doubt in my mind, that at one point in my life I want to be the owner of a business. Just a couple of problems I’m facing with that… First off, I have no capital to start a business – hell, I don’t even have the collateral for a bank to give me a business loan. More importantly, I don’t have a solid idea of what kind of business I’d want to start. Here’s just a brief smattering of business ideas I’ve had in the past 4 minutes or so:

- Franchise Owner (Dunkin Donuts, here I come)
- Small shop of some sort that depends on a lot of walk-in traffic
- Vineyard owner and operator
- Restaurant/Bar Owner
- Successful Blogger (haha, right)
- Pet walking company – cause I like dogs, and walking
- Gym Owner
- Real Estate Mogul – think Donald Trump minus the comb-over

Of course, I would love some more suggestions - seriously.

See, if I were rich, I could get moving on one (or many) of these ideas. Of course I’d put all my effort into it, but if somehow it didn’t work out, hey… no big deal. The bank wouldn’t be knockin’ on my door, and I wouldn’t have to worry about where my next meal is coming from.


There’s this executive who used to come into my old job and speak to the newer employees there. This guy’s worth something ridiculous, like $50 Million (No exaggeration). He said, there are 5 ways people can become rich: 1) Work for it 2) Win in 3) Steal it 4) Inherit it, or 5) Invest it.

Well, the way I see it. I’m not going to win it anytime soon because I don’t gamble much, and never play the lotto. I’m not going to steal it because, well, I’m just not going to do that. I doubt I’ll be inheriting any money at any time in the foreseeable future, and I don’t have any money to invest. I guess this means I have to work for it.

F***!



- Jack Asher

1 comment:

  1. I like the bar idea, and the gym idea. Maybe a Bar Gym, or Gym Bar. You know, a place where you can go day after day and eventually get ripped, or just go for one day and get really ripped.

    ReplyDelete