Friday, March 26, 2010

Dodging Bullets - Part III





Wifey was sick this week… like really sick. You can always tell when she’s sick because she would normally never take a day off of work if she could make it in (she’s got a little thing I like to call “Work Ethic”), and this week, she took off 2 days in a row. I even suggested that she take off a 3rd day, but she was having none of that.

I have friends and co-workers who get sick when they even hear a person with a sniffle, let alone live in small quarters and sleep in the same bed, with someone who’s practically on their deathbed. Whenever someone’s sick in the office, one of my co-workers feels it necessary to break out the Lysol and go to town on everything near her desk – it doesn’t matter that the sick person works as far away as you can physically be in our office.

But have I had any symptoms of being sick this week? Nope. I haven’t so much as coughed once in the past week, thanks to my nearly indestructible immune system. Honestly, you put my immune system up against the best of them – I’ll win every time. This guy just doesn’t get sick. Hungover, yes; Sick, no.

So come at me with whatever sickness you got, I ain’t worried. It’ll just be another bullet dodged.




- Jack Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment